- Lord Masamuné decides to aid Lord Gengyo, Lord of Hakata against the Mongols. Masamuné's wife Lady Kiyomi thinks helping a traditional enemy is foolish.
- Hironobu brings his wife Shizuka to what will later be called Cloud of Sparrows Castle. They ascend to the sixth floor of the hightower. Shizuka decides to let her husband decide to add a seventh floor.
- Kiyori orders an architect to add a seventh floor to the rebuilt high tower.
- Genji is born.
- Emily Gibson is born.
- At Cloud of Sparrows Castle, Lord Kiyori talks with Lady Shizuka, who is in the year 1311.
- At Cloud of Sparrows Castle, Lord Kiyori sends Hanako to serve Genji.
- At Quiet Crane Palace, Genji first meets Heiko.
- At Cloud of Sparrows Castle, Kiyori is murdered.